Founder, Promoter & Director, Continental Hospitals Pvt Ltd[caption id="attachment_36519" align="alignleft" width="300"] WCRINT+Super Fest – 17-5-18 -London[/caption] What are the breakthrough ideas that you suggest to India in your industry?
Healthcare Industry in India is seeing a transformational change; however a paradigm shift is needed in the framework of policies to embrace this change. With more than thirty years of experience in the United States and India, I suggest the following:
- a) Digitization of Health Records at every Point of Entry (POE) of healthcare of citizens.
- b) Universal Child and Adult Immunization (the later grossly neglected at the present time).
- c) Current burden of the Industry being primarily borne by the private sector. Hence an aggressive Public – Private Partnership will revolutionise access to healthcare, improve and sustain quality of care to our citizens.
- d) India needs implementation of “Evidence based medicine and care” to control costs and enhance quality and hold Health Care Providers accountable.
- e) Independent and autonomous “State Medical Boards” in every state as in developed nations for effective policy making, peer review, medical negligence, workforce distribution and liasioning with National Medical Council.