Vivek Kumar proudly reiterates that he has been one of the luckiest pupils of his mentor, the Chief Guardian of Sahara India Pariwar – Hon’ble Subrata Roy Sahara, reverentially addressed as Saharasri ji.
A post – graduate from the 1992 batch of Delhi University in History and Marketing is the youngest C.E.O. and Executive Director of Sahara India Pariwar. Since the completion of his studies, he has been associated with Sahara India Pariwar and was assigned several responsibilities in varied areas of group’s businesses. He successfully imported wide-bodied Aircrafts to India, established the Air Sahara operations and set up its Sales & Marketing division for western region of the country.
He was instrumental in procuring land bank for the group at multiple points, like for instance Aamby Valley City near Pune and Chauma in Gurgaon, to name a few. Vivek Kumar contributed very significantly in the creation of numerous real estate products of Sahara India Parivar.
In 2002, he took over the flagship hotel of Sahara India Pariwar – Hotel Sahara Star and successfully launched first phase of the hotel “THE CURTAIN RAISER” with many unique and first – of – its – kind accomplishments like the world’s largest pillarless clear-to-sky dome and India’s biggest marine aquarium with an inbuilt private dining area. He also pioneered the novel concept of ‘fusion of hospitality and entertainment’ – a clear brand differentiator in Hospitality sector that won him in 2011 the Best CEO honours for redefining the degree of excellence in Hospitality industry at the 7th Hospitality India & explore the World Annual International Awards and also The Economic Times ACETECH 2012 award as the visionary leader of Indian Infrastructure & Construction.
With success came the additional responsibility of leading Aamby Valley City in 2010. The mega hill city project that brought about a paradigm shift in lifestyle living, is being speed driven on a course to be amongst Top 5 Destinations of the World.
KEY ATTRIBUTES THAT MAKE HIM A LEADER
- He firmly believes that business organisations have a larger purpose than simply profit and increasing stock price, though he is as laser-focused on profitability and regards it as essential to achieving larger purpose for the firm.
- He has excellent oratorical skills and mentoring competence that helps him strike an effective rapport with his people, nurture and groom the managerial hierarchy to deliver in the larger interest of the organisation.
- He has had a diverse cross-functional and cross-business experience within the company and has led from the front in finding a way to carry on the tradition of the firm in changed and demanding circumstances.
- He strives to develop systems and policies to create a High commitment, High performance organization that considers employees as its prime asset.
- He operates from his deep beliefs and values with special emphasis at Man management that is, by far, more significant and meaningful than Business management.