Vijay Aggarwal holds a Bachelor’s of Technology (Electrical) degree from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and a PGDM from Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A). At IIM-A he was conferred with the gold medal honor as the 1st ranker and KV Srinivas Gold Medal for being the best all-rounder.
Vijay Aggarwal is currently the Managing Director of Prism Cement Limited. He joined Rajan Raheja Group in 1993 and has been involved in the Group’s Acquisitions, Joint Ventures as well as day-to-day general management of various companies within the Group.
Prism Cement is one of India’s leading integrated building materials company with a wide range from cement, ready mix concrete, tile, bath products, kitchens to wooden flooring. The company has 3 divisions i.e. Prism Cement, H & R Johnson (India) and RMC Readymix. The Company also has 74% stake in Raheja QBE General Insurance Company Limited, a JV with QBE Group of Australia.
Aggarwal is on the Board of Directors of various Indian companies spanning across sectors like building materials, life insurance, automotive batteries, Cable TV and Education. He is also the Director on the Board of Norcros plc, UK having business operations in UK, South Africa, Australia, and Middle East, and presence in product categories including ceramic tiles, showers, and adhesives. In the past Aggarwal has been a part of various associations in different capacities. He has served as the Chairman of Indian Council of Ceramic Tiles and Sanitaryware (ICCTAS); as Vice-Chairman of Ceramics and Allied Products (including Refractories) Panel at Capexil; and as Member of the Managing Committee of Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
KEY ATTRIBUTES THAT MAKE HIM A LEADER
- Continuously working towards upgrading his team through mentoring and coaching
- Inspiring risk-taking, dedication and commitment to work leading by example
- Formulating a clear vision and communicating it across the levels to keep the organization motivated at all times
- Having the courage to make unpopular decisions when needed
- Ability to relate to different people while establishing a personal rapport with each through trust, openness, and transparency