Samar Qureshi is a name that has risen to prominence on the Indian QSR business scene in the recent years and has established a niche as the Indian QSR mogul. The Director of Fast Trax Foods Pvt. Ltd. came into the industry with a vision of bridging the gap between Indian street food and the international fast food business. As a part of the Hind Group, India’s leader in the food processing sector, Qureshi already had a grasp of the supply chain and the logistics involved in the food industry. This knowledge, augmented by business management from Melbourne and experience with a leading global fast food giant, led Qureshi to form a business model that would fit both the Indian market and the Indian taste buds.
He has positioned this brand as a sports fast food chain, creating tremendous brand presence by associating the Fast Trax as official sponsor for sporting events of international scale like the Hockey World Cup and the Common Wealth Games. He has continued that association with sports by partnering with two IPL teams: Kings XI Punjab and the Delhi Dare Devils.
His three tier business model of QSRs, Canteens (at schools and colleges) express at petrol stations, airports, and the catering at the Indian Railway has helped him penetrate the market at various levels through large scale sampling of the products. The company is targeting metros and tier 2 cities.
KEY ATTRIBUTES THAT MAKE HIM A LEADER
- A dynamic personality that has led him to become the face of the brand with his hands-on approach.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and the back end operations of the food processing business.
- Creating a strong brand association with major sporting events like the CWG and the IPL.
- Constant additions to the menu to suit the taste buds of Indian consumer has elevated his stature to an all new level
- He delivered his own creative edge for the company logo and menu