The growth of the UAE’s second mobile telecom, Du, has been nothing short of astonishing. As CEO, Osman Sultan’s role in the company’s story has been vital. While he spent his life from 1976 to 1997 in France and he calls that whole experience enriching, he still believes that he belongs to the Arab world. A fond pen collector and reader, he is one of the most intellectual leaders of all times. His inspiration comes from Sheikh Mohammad Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE, and Ruler of Dubai for he followed his own vision, changed the course of civilization here and realized his ambition of making Dubai the center of the region – something he envisions to do himself.
In 1996, Sultan received the “Best Web Site Legal Product” by the American Information Association. Following which he was awarded the ”Man of the Year” award by the Professional Electronic Information Services Community in France 1996. He holds a degree in Engineering and has participated in several conferences on Telecommunications and Electronic Information Services, Mobile Telecom and the Internet in the Middle East (Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco,Tunisia, Emirates), Japan, the USA and Europe.
KEY ATTRIBUTES THAT MAKE HIM A LEADER
- Sultan serves as the Chief Executive Officer of Maltacom PLC and Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company PJSC before which he served as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Mobinil at Telecommunications SAE.
- He served as the President and Chief Executive Officer of Egyptian Co. for Mobile Services since April 21, 1998.
- Sultan joined the France Telecom Group in 1983 and has held various senior management positions and worked in management positions in sales, marketing and customer services activities in one of France Telecom subsidiaries specialized in electronic information services from 1983 to 1994.
- In 1994 he was actively involved in the acquisition of a US based operations and was appointed Vice President for Worldwide marketing & sales for the new company of France Telecom Group. Mr.
- Sultan received ‘The Best Web Site-Legal Product’ by the American Information Association in 1996. Following which, he was awarded the ‘Man of the Year’ award by the Professional Electronic Information Services Community in France 1996.