Chairman – Landmark Group
Mukesh “Micky” Jagtiani is an Indian entrepreneur, based in the UAE, owner of the Dubaibased Landmark retail stores group. Micky is the visionary and the driving force behind the Landmark Group’s phenomenal growth and success. He has led the Group, with a strong philosophy that promotes a dynamic culture of entrepreneurship. He started retail business Landmark Group with $6000 left by his family in 1973 in Bahrain. Gradually, Landmark Group spanned into food, hotels, leisure, own logistics and distribution.
In 2000, he established LIFE (Landmark International Foundation of Empowerment), to support underprivileged children in India, through school and healthcare development programmes, homes for destitute children, vocational and non-formal schools, community clinics and medical camps for slum-dwellers and an old age home. In April 2015, he was ranked 291 in the Forbes list of world billionaires, with a net worth of US$5.0 billion.
1. Under his leadership, the Group has evolved over four decades to emerge as the region’s leading retail and hospitality conglomerate.
2. Deeply passionate and committed to social causes, Micky strongly believes that every organization has a responsibility to give back to society.
3. He also has latched onto e-tailing with landmarkshops. com.
4. Landmark has close to 2,000 stores generating an estimated $6 billion in revenues annually, across the Middle East, Africa and India.
5. Strong team of more than 50,000 employees and over 25 home grown and over 40 franchise brands.
6. He is also a recipient of Global Indian Achievers Award, 2014.