Karan A Chanana represents the infusion of new blood in the rice giant AMIRA, that has reached the 95th year in its journey towards excellence. This fourth generation leader has transformed a fam¬ily run operation into a corporate giant that has been recognized by global entities like the World Economic Forum.
Karan is a man with dynamic leadership abilities. Post-induction, he has ensured that AMIRA has a global footprint with market presence in over 40 countries and offices in India, Malaysia, Singapore, UAE, UK and USA.
He demonstrated his passion for the business by articulating his vision for ‘Food Connect’, mapping the needs of a globally dispersed eco-system of consumers.
A strategic thinker, he believes in innovative marketing strategies, and combines strategic vision, with the managerial acumen needed to manage a complex supply chain across five continents.
Under his stewardship, AMIRA got listed with NYSE in October 2012.
Karan is an energetic business leader known for his tremendous commitment to people and processes.
Known for his sharp acumen in recognizing business opportunities, Karan also brings along with him operational experience in many verticals including real estate, hospitality, mining and the functioning of Special Economic Zones.
An avid sports fan and adventurous at heart, Karan has been a rally sport Driver.
KEY ATTRIBUTES THAT MAKE HIM A LEADER
- Karan plays a key role as an industry leader and opinion maker as the Chairman of the Food Processing anf Value Addition Council of ASSOCHAM.
- Karan is also a member of CII, FICCI, APEDA and FIEO besides being a regular speaker at Industry conferences in India and overseas.
- He is an effective team builder. He has created a tremendous people-focused culture, which attracts the best talent in the industry.
- Karan’s dedication stems from a firm belief that we must give back to society in the same measure as we have received.
- As part of Karan’s strong commitments towards society and social obligations he has whole heartedly involved himself in charitable activities.