President – ITL Group
Ram Buxani, President of the world-wide ITL Group having interest in Consumer Electronics, IT, Textiles, Real Estate & Banking, Mr. Buxani is also the Director of several other companies spread around the globe. He is among the pioneer promoters of IndusInd Bank Ltd. in India and was its Director until recently. He is the Chairman of Veeram International Ltd., BVI and is on the Board of IndusInd International Holdings Ltd., Mauritius, and Al Razouki International Exchange Co., Dubai. He is also on the board of Sanjay-Gulf Industries (Pvt.) Ltd. and Cosmos-Sanjay Textile Mills Pvt. Ltd., Amritsar (Punjab).
1. Mr. Buxani has bagged among others, honours like Shield by the President of India, Mr. Giani Zail Singh for services to the community.
2. He is the Founder Chairman of the Overseas Indians Economic Forum (U.A.E.), a prime NRI organization in the region until its merger with “Indian Business and Professional Council” in 2003.
3. Dr. Ram Buxani played a proactive role in bridging the gap between Government of India and NRIs.
4. Abolition of Estate Duty in the year 1985 in India is one of his contributions achieved during representations made to the Government of India.
5. His involvement covers institutions like India Club, Dubai of which he remained Chairman for 1990-94. Also, he played significant role in making temporary shelter for the refugees from Kuwait during Iraq- Kuwait trouble while transiting to India.
6. He was also presented the “Most Inspiring Personality” CEO Award by Arabian Business.