Converting small dreamsinto big realities has been the life story of Dhanan- jay Datar, Chairman of Al Adil Trading, responsible for transforming the company from a small grocery store established by his father in 1984, into a major spices concern that enjoys a presence across the GCC and beyond. Products largely sourced from Mumbai based firm named Masala King Exports, Al Adil Trading sells the entire range of grocery and household items in the UAE including Indian spices and Masala, pulses, rice and flour, oils and ghee, pickles and chutneys, tea and coffee, canned and instant foods, Ayurvedic medicines and herbs, cosmetics, dry fruits, mouth fresheners and savouries, confectionary items, sweetmeats etc.
Masala King Dhananjay Datar has expanded his business in the Gulf, by increas-ing his chain of 25 supermarkets to 30 by adding five more outlets in the UAE. Expansion plans include more outlets across GCC, a new showroom in Qatar will be opening soon. Al Adil Group also has three factories and two export-import firms besides the 30 supermarkets. Driven by the three virtues- hard-work, courage and confidence, his place in the organization is completely indispensable. A pro-tagonist in the major success story, Dhananjay Datar received the Best Enterprise Award from the Europe Business Assembly at the Oxford Summit of Leaders this year. Al Adil has prestigious customers such as five-star hotels, reputed catering companies and some of the most recognized names in Dubai business firmament, such as Dubai Duty Free, Emirates In-Flight Catering, Jumeirah Hospitality, the Sheraton Group, the Al Habtoor Group, Damac, Intercat Hospitality, etc.
KEY ATTRIBUTES THAT MAKE HIM A LEADER
- His thoughtful structuring has made sure that his brand is known for its hygienic packaging, stringent quality norms and competitive pricing.
- Recognized as an ISO 22000, HACCP, GMP, GHP Certified Company, Al Adil Trading has won plaudits for its commitment to quality, including the prestigious Dubai Duty Free Best Supplier Award for quality.
- His hard work and dedication is what takes his organisation a step ahead of the entire market.
- His critical understanding of the dynamic nature of the market allows him to bring change comfortably.
- He received the Best Enterprise Award from the Europe Business Assembly at the Oxford Summit of Leaders.