Dato’ Mohd Hilmey Mohd Taib, the Founder and Executive Chairman of HeiTech Padu Berhad [HeiTech], Malaysia’s leading ICT Solutions Provider is a man who has built a formidable reputation with his acute business acumen and agility. He was subsequently appointed as Group Chief Executive of PNB, a position he held for three years. His keen business foresight and passion for ICT led Dato’ Mohd Hilmey to take a bold move to pursue a Management-Buy-Out [MBO] of PNB Information Technology Sdn. Bhd, an IT arm of PNB to build HeiTech and transformed it to be amongst the top five ICT companies in Malaysia today.
His farsighted approach also led him to develop business strategies beyond Malaysian shores. Under Dato’ Mohd Himey’s stewardship, the company deployed several notable and mission critical national projects including mega computerization projects for various government agencies locally and overseas. Dato’ Mohd Hilmey has also sat on the board of various public listed companies in the fields of finance & banking, telecommunications, property, food & beverage and several private enterprises.
KEY ATTRIBUTES THAT MAKE HIM A LEADER
- All thanks to his expertise, for the last 15 years HeiTech has helped government agencies to be computerized; delivering mission critical projects for Malaysian Government agencies.
- His candid heart and vehement mind made him help in developing Bumiputra participations on a larger scale, which until then thrived on 1% of corporate wealth.
- It was his sound technical and practical know-how that led the organization forward in an aligned direction in order to achieve their goals.
- On the social development front, Dato’ Mohd Hilmey has consistently used his experience and expertise to the country’s ICT industry, making him an ICT icon to be reckoned with.
- Dato’ Mohd Hilmey has been playing an active role in fostering and improving education opportunities of students, from primary to higher education.