Responsible for driving profitable business growth for Panasonic in India and spear heading the entire operations and management for the brand in the country, Daizo Ito has built for himself, an irreplaceable foothold in the organisation’s journey. He leads the implementation of corporate strategy related to the company’s personnel, suppliers, potential and actual customers, and investors underscoring the significance of India on Panasonic’s global roadmap. Corporate governance and social innovation initiatives for Panasonic’s sister concerns and domain companies in India, also fall under Mr. Ito’s purview. Mr. Ito’s success mantra is based on three core pillars – empowerment, localisation and rich communication. His vision entails making Panasonic, an Indian company in India and thus under his aegis and able guidance, localisation is an integral part of the business strategy. The company creates meaningful and innovative products for the Indian consumers keeping in mind their needs. A visionary with exemplary leadership style, his endeavours have made Panasonic a household name in India.
Ito joined Panasonic India as Chief Executive Officer in April 2008 and he was appointed the President of Panasonic India, starting April 2010. Prior to joining Panasonic India, he served as the CEO of Panasonic Thailand, which comprised 23 (BU) Panasonic group companies spanning across Manufacturing, Sales and Research functions. Before serving in Thailand, he had a thirteen years stint in Sales and Marketing in the United Kingdom and the Asia and Oceania Region. In 2005, he was appointed at the prestigious position of Director of Matsushita Electric Industrial Company, making him one of the youngest ever in Panasonic to receive the distinction.
KEY ATTRIBUTES THAT MAKE HIM A LEADER
- In December 2012, Mr. Ito was felicitated with the ‘Man of Electronics’ award by Consumer Electronics and Appliances.
- In August 2007, he was honoured by the Prime Minister, General Surayud Chulanont for his remarkable contribution to Thai society as CEO of Panasonic Group in Thailand at Mass Media Photography Association Awarding Ceremony.
- His firm belief which states that, everyone’s commitment, involvement and empathy towards fellow colleagues is imperative for strengthening healthy social relationships and improving the quality of life of fellow colleagues has made him an inspiration in the organization.
- Localization being the key to success for penetration in the Indian market, Mr. Ito’s stride towards changing focus from products specific to a domestic market eye-view has been a major factor for their success today.
- His ‘never back down’ outlook towards hardship is was has made Panasonic (India)’s journey as benefiting. His drivers are Sir Winston Churchill’s words “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”