CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Zig Zagler said, “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” A fresher from IIT Dhanbad to CEO of WebEngage the journey so far was not easy but his success he attributes wholly to philosophy. Avlesh Singh, Co-founder and CEO of WebEngage, a SaaS platform for companies to engage with users in real time. WebEngage helps customers drive sales and conversions on their website by allowing them to push targeted offers, discounts and messages to their customers. The website also has features like Surveys that helps user collect customer insights at specific points in their application’s workflow – e.g. a post purchase customer satisfaction survey, a visitor lead generation survey from Search Engine Marketing SEM traffic, etc. Its customer support tool, Feedback, helps get feedback through embedded forms on customer website and gets in-depth information – geographic location, browser, platform etc.
Launched in Oct, 2011, WebEngage has seen over 28,000 widget installations which has doubled in the last one year. Amongst these installations, widely held paid sign ups from across the globe helped doubled the revenues in last 2 quarters. This expansion of business had been possible when WebEngage doubled its headcount in last 3 quarters. With the potential Indian customer pool, WebEngage manages to engage everyone from e-commerce to travel space!
Being an angel investor, Avlesh also advises startups and sponsors events and roundtables under various banners, like iSpirt, NASSCOM etc. By the end of year 2015, WebEngage is launching a new product for mobile app engagement.
1. Employee satisfaction is the only key metric that can measure the success of a company. His core belief is that great employees build great products, which in turn makes great companies. He has maintained it by keeping his employees satisfied at all times.
2. He believes that orientation of a philosophy has to be in line with a person’s thought process and vision at initial stage is what keeps the ball rolling.
3. He is recipient of TiE Lumis Entrepreneurial Excellence Award in 2014.
4. His entrepreneurial and leadership skills were appreciated when he received the most Influential Digital Media Professional Award by World Marketing Congress & CMO Asia – 2015.
5. An Indira Entrepreneurial Awardee, he is an iSPIRT fellow and thought leader on SaaS in India and an Angel investor and advisor at a few startups – Instamojo, Eatlo, Stitchwood, AdPushup etc.