AGA KHAN UNIVERSITY, PAKISTAN


aga-khan

Aga Khan University is a private research university that was founded in 1983 in Karachi, Pakistan. It was named after its benefactor Aga Khan IV. The aim of the university was to play a key role in human welfare, especially for the people of Pakistan. Today, it is an international university that has its presence at 11 teaching sites that are spread across eight countries, including Afghanistan, Kenya, Pakistan, Tanzania, Uganda, Syria, Egypt and the United Kingdom.

Such is the contribution of this university that it accounts for up to 70 per cent of biomedical research conducted in Pakistan while the rest of the universities combined make up the remaining 30 per cent. It also publishes more reviews in internationally recognised journals than any other university in Pakistan.

AKU is in a league of its own and it ensures that it takes several steps to maintain its premier position amongst universities in Pakistan. A research office is to guide and support the research conducted at the university. Apart from this, a university research grant funds grants after a competitive review process that is overseen by a committee.

Nurses and teachers in remote areas of East Africa and Pakistan are given regular updates that are important in their field. Here, AKU’s professional and continuing education programmes come across as a big relief.

Their continuing and professional development courses are prepared to ensure that practical skills, expert knowledge, best practice insights along with a robust network of support is available to them to help them improve their knowledge and skills on a regular basis in order to provide the best possible services.

Designed to accommodate work schedules and responsibilities at home, the courses support, empower and inspire health care professionals and provide them with the necessary skills to bring out a positive change irrespective of the challenges they may face.

Availability of information plays a vital role in gaining knowledge for all concerned. The network of global libraries of AKU helps students and faculty in their study, teaching and research needs. The libraries have an impressive collection of books, current journals, back files of journals, educational reports including audio-visual aids and digital formats of the same. To further equip the students with additional information, access to online journals, books and other resources is provided.

The mission of Aga Khan University is to be committed to the development of human capacities through the discovery and dissemination of knowledge and application through service. With an aim to provide its students the best of knowledge that would help them reach a position where they would play important roles in shaping up public and private policies in society, AKU gives a lot of stress on the quality of education and the research it generates. This eventually helps in the grooming and development of individuals who make useful contributions to society.

FacebookGoogle+TwitterWhatsApp